Planted tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nwatk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I've mastered low light plants and now want to 'graduate' to medium/high light plants. What are some good light systems that can give medium/ high lighting? I've read finnex is good. Any others?

Thanks in advance

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 (or simply 24/7) original or SE might be a good choice depending on the size of the tank. The ability to dim the lighting is a key feature with these models.
Once you get into medium lighting you should be fine with CO2, pressurized or DYI (again, depending on the size of the tank).

Is the SE finnex brand? My tank I have atm is 55 gal. Will be getting the 45 gal up when we have space. CO2 better diy or the pressurized? I'm scared to gas out my fish lol.

Is the SE finnex brand? My tank I have atm is 55 gal. Will be getting the 45 gal up when we have space. CO2 better diy or the pressurized? I'm scared to gas out my fish lol.

Pressurised is a must or you will have many many problems. Also I'd recommend buying or building a reactor for a tank that size [emoji106] you'll want a 5lb bottle and a good regulator (azoo,co2art,GLA,aquatek etc) bubble counter and a drop checker. Finnex is the brand 24/7 SE is the model. If your wanting high light id back it up with another finnex fixture aswell.

Ferts are also harder in a high lighting tank so look into EI or PPS pro. I'd recommend EI for hard water or PPS pro for softer water. Both use dry salts that can be purchased online. A quick Google search will give you heaps of info on both.

Make sure you get the co2 system before you get the lights. High light + no co2 = algae farm [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom