Plants all getting holes in the leaves rapidly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fish adapting to survive in different water conditions is just a result of fish getting used to the change. They have all of the regulatory organs that allow them to survive a changing environment. It's similar to someone from Florida moving up to Alaska. The first few years the difference in temperature is going to make them absolutely miserable, but as time goes on their regulatory organs adapt helping them generate more body heat and the cold stops bothering them as much.

For a plant to change the way it takes in nutrients is a major change in its physiology. That would be akin to an oto cat switching to eat meat instead of biofilm and algae.

What substrate did you use in your tank with wisteria?

The fish adapting to survive in different water conditions is just a result of fish getting used to the change. They have all of the regulatory organs that allow them to survive a changing environment. It's similar to someone from Florida moving up to Alaska. The first few years the difference in temperature is going to make them absolutely miserable, but as time goes on their regulatory organs adapt helping them generate more body heat and the cold stops bothering them as much.

For a plant to change the way it takes in nutrients is a major change in its physiology. That would be akin to an oto cat switching to eat meat instead of biofilm and algae.

What substrate did you use in your tank with wisteria?

Just black gravel. Just snipped and replanted it today.

Here is a picture before I cut it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404655961.677022.jpg

I think this plant is a bad example though. A lot of the new roots are suspended in the water column anyway.

Just black gravel. Just snipped and replanted it today.

Here is a picture before I cut it.

View attachment 242314

I think this plant is a bad example though. A lot of the new roots are suspended in the water column anyway.

Well, there you go. Mine was in inert sand. In gravel there is a lot more buildup of detritus allowing more nutrients to be drawn in through the roots than sand.

Back
Top Bottom