plants coming uprooted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought an amazon sword and the roots were trimmed pretty short so now my plants keep coming uprooted out of my sand. Any suggestions on keeping them down?

They're basically lead bands, you could use a fishing weight and tie it to the plant too

Oh good idea I have lots of those haha.

Do I have to worry about the lead and other metals leaching into my tank?

tarpon said:
I bought an amazon sword and the roots were trimmed pretty short so now my plants keep coming uprooted out of my sand. Any suggestions on keeping them down?

What does your Amazon sword look like. I bought a plant and I think thats what it is but I'm not too sure. Can you reply with a pic. Thanks for any help

I use Penn- Plax plant anchors and they're soft lead, so I guess it just depends on the brand

Uhh this is the only pic I have.
The ones on the far left and front middle are amazons. Also to the left of the black filter.
You can google it too

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110806_181028.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110806_181028.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 102
Thanks. You can Goto Walmart and pick up decent sized river rocks (about an inch and a half long) for the uprooting problem. They also look nice as well. And that's not what my plant looks like but thanks

Back
Top Bottom