Plants for Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lepomis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am starting to put a list together of plants for my tank. Any negatives on any of these plants or definetly a no go. Telnthera, glossostigma, lobelia, kleiner bar sword, radican sword, ozelot sword, variegated Japenese dwarf rush, jungle val, anubias nana, and microsword. A few java ferns (currently in tank) will be thrown in the mix also.

this really isn't a negative, but just a fore warning. Glossostigma is very tedious to plant, you have to plant it stem by stem. When I bought it I wasn't aware of that. It looks very good though once you plant it. Good Luck.

The swords could possibly get really big and cause a shade issue. I loved my Ozelot sword, but it dominated a full 1/3rd of my 90 gallon tank, and I finally had to get rid of it after having it for 2 years. I haven't kept the other swords you mention, so I don't know if they would do the same. My Jungle val must be trimmed pretty ruthlessly, or the leaves will get super-long and cover a bunch of surface area, causing shade problems. Jungle val definitely belongs at the back of the tank due to its height. I see no problems with the rest of your list, but should mention that I have no experience with either Telnthera or variegated Japenese dwarf rush. HTH.

if you have sand... the micro sword might float up.. because mine did.. but i didnt know how to plant it, and still dont

Thanks, I was concerned about the swords growth (circumfrence wise) I will nix the ozelot and radican. I think the kleiner bar may still work but will have to some additional investigation. Figured I would use it near the back of the tank and use it more of a focal point due to the color contrast with other plants. The val was for the back of the tank and I have some nice sharp scissors ready.

Back
Top Bottom