Platy just died..but found something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Really wish I had taken a picture but anyways my red wag platy just died:(found it stuck to the filter this morning:(((but before I flushed it I looked for any marks..and I found something.right behind her right fin was a black circle about a millimeter in diameter.then under that was like a little white patch.but not ich I don't think...what donu guys think?

Could you please take a picture? It's hard to diagnose without one. Sorry your platy died :( i have about 30 platties and it's so upsetting when these charming fish pass!

And offtopic, but it is better for native fish and water systems if you throw away your fish in the trash rather than flush them ;) i research invasive species issues, and aquarium fish can pass diseases to native fish they would not otherwise have. And for those who flush them alive (oh dear!) then it becomes a nonnative species issue. Fish flushing is something that can very easily be fixed :) i wonder who invented fish flushing in the first place...?

Oh sorry you dont have a pic! How about a drawing?

Ich looks like a salt grain, not a patch. It could have been fungal or bacterial. But no idea what the black patch could have been!!

Is this a new tank? Is it cycling or cycled? What's your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? It could be anything from an ammonia/nitrite burn to a wound that got infected. It's hard to say without more info though. Sorry about your fish.

Back
Top Bottom