Platy lying on bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It's a female platy. She seemed normal until yesterday night. She just hides in the banana lily in the corner of the tank. Not clamped.
Have been doing the fish in cycle and it was stocked with 4 platys originally, but one of them unfortunately wasn't eating and has died. But this now leaves m with 1 female and 2 males, so im worried that she is getting harrased
The cycle should be close to completion as the shop that sold me he fish gave me a block 4cmx4cm of used filter media form one of their sumps. been cycling for 12 days
Tank has quite a few plants in it.
other fish seem fine

200 l tank

params
ammonia 0
nitrite between 0 and 0.25 not that clear
nitrate, didnt bother testing

ive been doing 25% a day water changes
:thanks: for the help

starting a new tank can be very frustrating. Unfortunately sometimes fish die for unknown reasons. It could be an uncycled tank or the pet store gauntlet that fish must endure to get to your tank. I usually start with a minimal amount of fish and slowly progress up to the quantity that I want. API Stress Coat may help.

ok
Im going to the local store in a sec to test my water
i will pick up some streess coat there

look at its vent... observe closely for any paintbursh re worms coming out its vent also any other phys. symptoms to speak of?
Any behavior symptoms either?

look at its vent... observe closely for any paintbursh re worms coming out its vent also any other phys. symptoms to speak of?
Any behavior symptoms either?

All good now
I think it was getting bullied so I moved it to a smaller tank and it seems fine

Back
Top Bottom