Please can someone identify these fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyb471

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please can someone Identify these fish.

Attachments

• image-4291793954.jpg
    image-4291793954.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3855754677.jpg
    image-3855754677.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 52
  • image-4151560943.jpg
    image-4151560943.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 59
Looks similar to a Hoplarcus psittacus - true parrot cichlid. Except they typically have a horizontal stripe. I have never owned one but I was looking into them and I was told they get big quick and are very sensitive to water conditions.

Do you have any idea what the other yellow fish are ?

They ARE Severums of some sort, however, it's pretty difficult to distinguish between the Severums that are available in the hobby today. I can tell you that they most likely are not Heros severus as these are rarely found in the aquarium trade.

They are probably under the common umbrella of 'Heros efasciatus'. (Heros Notatus, Heros Sp. Rotkeil, Heros Appendiculatus...to name a few). Try doing some research on the internet about the differences in color and shape of these fish.

I can tell you though, that the yellow labs and Sevs should not be together. Also, that the Sevs grow quite large. So 3 of them (along with the yellow labs) should not be tankmates.
Do some research man, I love my Sev so I highly recommend keeping at least one (if not all) if your tank is large enough!

Back
Top Bottom