Please explain the Seachem test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just received and gave it a whirl. All the tests seemed pretty easy. But, the ammonia was totaly off. I did both tests for the ammonia, and got nothing. The test was totaly clear, so I'm not sure if I did it right. I filled the little container and added the sensor disc. Waited 15mins no reading, just clear. I add the ammonia reagent and waited, got nothing. Does this seem right? I also used 4 drops for the ALK test and it said the divide by 2. So I got 2, what does that mean? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Could you give some more info? :wink:

Like: Is it cycled? Are there any fish in it? Things of that nature.

Sorry for the ??'s, it's just hard to tell, without some of them being answerd.

Thanks. :wink:

I guess I should have supplied the info first.

It's a 75 FOWLR, 4 damsels, 1 trigger, 1 rock crab, 10 snail, 80lbs LR, 80Lbs live sand and it is cycled. 2 aquaclear 500 one with chaqrcol and the other with bio cubes. let me know if your need anything else.

Thanks again

With the filter, low bio load, and Lr, you probably have 0 readings because there is no trace of ammonia. I have 0 readings too. :wink:

rdefino said:
I also used 4 drops for the ALK test and it said the divide by 2. So I got 2, what does that mean?
Your alkalinity level is 2 mEq/l if it took 4 drops for the color to change to yellow.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom