Please help. I don't know of my mollies are pregnant :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this guys definitly a male? I have been thinking it is a female who just keeps her analysis fin up coz it is not as pronounced as in my male Molly and swordtails. dde04 thanks for the advice.

yes that is for sure a male :) guppies can be sexed by the shape of their caudal fin but its not as much of a distinct difference as it would be with mollies and their anal fins.

So another question.... So there is this small tube protruding out of the back of the mollies. I saw them poo from that tube as well. I just wanted to know of this is the same as the birthing tube are if this is just where they poo from. If any one has any pics of a really pregnant balloon Molly and of a birthing tube could you upload it? I would really appriciate it. Thanks

So another question.... So there is this small tube protruding out of the back of the mollies. I saw them poo from that tube as well. I just wanted to know of this is the same as the birthing tube are if this is just where they poo from. If any one has any pics of a really pregnant balloon Molly and of a birthing tube could you upload it? I would really appreciate it. Thanks
It's much easier to sex livebearers by their gonopodium(penis). It is quite noticeable. A picture below and this goes for all livebearers....
This is my balloon mollie(R.I.P). She had over 50 fry but unfortunately she didn't make it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/69373-albums12076-picture54387.jpg

Attachments

• Livebe6.jpg
    Livebe6.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 842
It's much easier to sex livebearers by their gonopodium(penis). It is quite noticeable. A picture below and this goes for all livebearers.... This is my balloon mollie(R.I.P). She had over 50 fry but unfortunately she didn't make it. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/69373-albums12076-picture54387.jpg

Thanks so much. I really appriciate the photo as well. About 2 of my mollies look like that, so I will keep an eye out. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your balloon Molly rests in peace.

Thanks so much. I really appriciate the photo as well. About 2 of my mollies look like that, so I will keep an eye out. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your balloon Molly rests in peace.
Thanks. She was a beauty. It can be tricky to tell how far along they are because of their shape but look out for hiding, lethargic, not eating/spitting food and squaring. These are all good indicators that she is within a day or two from giving birth. Good luck with them.........

Back
Top Bottom