Please help ID this crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hardingj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I've just noticed this crab living in my reef tank. I've looked on a lot of sites to try and identify it and can't find anything like it. It's a dark red/maroon colour and bumpy (not hairy).

Any help would be great!

Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421851140.977603.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421851164.772364.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421851198.822269.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421851211.379447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It just showed up?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It just showed up?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No it must have been hiding this whole time. Just noticed him one night when all the lights were off. Sneaky bastard

many people mistake these for mantis shrimp. Not the look obviously, but the clicking sound they make when they are clawing/boring into rock.

No it must have been hiding this whole time. Just noticed him one night when all the lights were off. Sneaky bastard

No I mean you didn't put it in so how did it get in. Sorry don't know much about saltwater saw this and thought it was kewl

Sent from inside my fish tank

No I mean you didn't put it in so how did it get in. Sorry don't know much about saltwater saw this and thought it was kewl

Sent from inside my fish tank

I must have been hiding in the live rock when I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom