Please help Id this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright so I found a zoa eating Nudibranch today. Is there any way I can kill them in the tank? I know of flat worm exit but that is a little pricey. Does anyone know if you can make something similar to that?

Shep

Remove the zoas and dip them in a product like coralRX. This will address any nudibranch and eggs that are there, as they lay them in what they eat. A doss or two over several weeks should solve the problem.

The zoas are on a large piece of live rock, removing it is going to be a problem.

Shep

Unfortunately, there are eggs in your zoas that will hatch into hungry zoa munchers. They will then lay more eggs...so on. Even if you were able to manually remove them, it would still require removing the rock from the tank to address it.

Alright I'll figure it out. Thanks for the advice.

Shep

Good luck. I had nudibranch in my blue symphodium when I first got it. Can be a pain and stressing, but can easily be managed by how I described. The size of the rock can get in the way of this...but maybe you can break it off to a more workable size? Don't know, just trying to think outside of the box for you.

Thanks sniper, I'm gonna figure out a way to make it work.

Shep

I wish you luck. Try the medium light/flow and if you decide to try to feed it, do it in a separate container so you don't foul up your water column since that can kill it off too.

My only question is could I dip it with Bayer? That's cheaper so I could do a big bucket dip and just put my rocks in a 5 gal bucket.

Shep

Make sure you rinse it off in tank water before putting it back into the tank.
Also keep in mind that this will not kill off the eggs and you will have to treat again.

The bayer product works well, but an entire rock? I would be afraid of not being able to rinse out all of the pesticide and it getting into the display. How large is the rock? Can you take a hammer and screwdriver and break off the zoas?
If not, I would do multiple water changes on that treatment bucket before the re-addition of the rock to the dt.

Back
Top Bottom