Please help me choose a fish species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. So I re-scaped my tank (typical me) for about the third time, and I think I'm settling on a sort of rocky river mouth look with lots of open swimming space. I may get a power head to put in the left corner to create a nice little current across the entire tank. Therefore, I'm seeking a fish species that thrives in open spaces with a rocky bottom, and possibly fast moving water current. I'd prefer to have a large school and a trio of a nice centerpiece. The tank is 55 gallons.

Thanks for your advice!

10515208_662405177181554_555117997159998382_o.jpg

Oh well, let's see, since I have a river tank that's a 55g, I might be able to help.

white clouds(love fast moving, cooler water)

loaches (all loaches love fast moving, cooler water, I keep hillstreams, burmese roseys and kuhlis)

rainbows

SAEs

BN plecos

blue neon gobys

panda garra (a cute loaches species)

flagfin shiners

some killies do well, you have to research them, I had golden wonders

Elegant goby

and of course corys

Oh well, let's see, since I have a river tank that's a 55g, I might be able to help.

white clouds(love fast moving, cooler water)

loaches (all loaches love fast moving, cooler water, I keep hillstreams, burmese roseys and kuhlis)

rainbows

SAEs

BN plecos

blue neon gobys

panda garra (a cute loaches species)

flagfin shiners

some killies do well, you have to research them, I had golden wonders

Elegant goby

and of course corys

Thanks for all of the species suggestions. Does the aquascape I have here imitate a river tank at all or am I envisioning it wrong?

There's lots of rivers. I have live plants, taller rocks and some larger pieces of DW to break up the current. The fish do need quiet spots to rest and hide out.

I did forget one thing, filter feeding shrimp like bamboo or vampires. They do great with the current as well.

There's lots of rivers. I have live plants, taller rocks and some larger pieces of DW to break up the current. The fish do need quiet spots to rest and hide out.

I did forget one thing, filter feeding shrimp like bamboo or vampires. They do great with the current as well.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom