Please help me. My fish is sick and no one is giving me answers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DustyAnn said:
Thanks so much guys I looked up the ammonia poisoning ant that is exactly what is wrong. Thank goodness I think I figured it out in time to help him. I talked to someone here who told me that since they are small but in a few years they will all be transported to an outdoor pond so they can be bigger. I am separating the fantails since they are all healthy into a smaller tank for now. The sick ones are going to be moved to two ten gallon emergency tanks I had cycled for a week...hopefully they will be okay now. Thanks a lot guys.id really hate to give them back to the awful store so I'm gnu try my best to save them.:)

Good luck :). Just remember that the other tanks may face the same problems (I'm not sure what you're considering cycled, a week doesn't seem possible unless you had a ton of seeded media). Get the test kit ASAP, and follow the guide I linked, find a future home for your fish and things will be well.

Okay so I've been doing 20% water changes daily and adding aquarium salt and conditioner. I have also added stress zyme to help the bacteria develop faster. My ammonia is .25 and my nitrite and nitrate is extremely high and I don't know what else to do. I lost my comet today. Rip tuna. I'm now trying to save my fantails who are gasping for air at the top of the tank I am afraid they won't make it.

I sent you a PM. The 20% pwc's aren't enough. You have to be prepared to do up to 75% or numerous back to back to back changes to keep the ammo and no2 below .25 at all times. The water conditioner and salt will help, the stress zyme will really only affect your wallet and nothing else.

Sorry about your fish :-(. Let's work on saving the others by grabbing the bucket and water conditioner.

my advice would be to take the fish back to petsmart. they will give you your money back if it's within i think 2 weeks. if it's longer than that they will still take the fish back which is better than having them suffer in ammonia that eats at their skin and burns their gills. do them a favor and just take them back to the store. you can then concentrate on getting your tank cycled without the responsibility of the fish. much easier and also more humane to the fish. and it will save your sanity. good luck

Back
Top Bottom