Please help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyle0226

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it possible for my fish to still have ich they have been in the main tank for 5 days at 86 degrees than the fish that still had spots after the fish days I put in a quarantine tank with meds ich x they have been there for two days now but the one angelfish still has one spot on its fin and the other angel fish has like a little white coat over his eye is it still ich is it still contagious should I put them in the main tank or keep them in quarantine

I don't know if u can see it but the biggest angelfish has one spot on his side wing and the other silver angelfish has this white coating over his eye is it ich still??? Should I put them back in main tank or keep them in quarantine??

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_163032599.jpg
    IMG_20210314_163032599.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210314_163034150.jpg
    IMG_20210314_163034150.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210314_163016371.jpg
    IMG_20210314_163016371.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210314_163002231.jpg
    IMG_20210314_163002231.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22
Keep your fish in quarantine for at least 3-4 weeks, what are you medicating with?

Help

I'm medicating with ich x they are already on their third dose of medicine

Here are some better pictures can anyone see the ick or the one angels eyes???

Are these any better

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_200817735.jpg
    IMG_20210314_200817735.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210314_200820428.jpg
    IMG_20210314_200820428.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210314_200813334.jpg
    IMG_20210314_200813334.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210314_200814937.jpg
    IMG_20210314_200814937.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 15
It's just really wierd because the whole tank got hit with ick my bala had it and my three killifish my two catfish didn't get it because they hide all day but I treated all the fish at 87 degrees for five days and the bala and the killifish all cleared up but the angelfish still had spots so I quarantined them and the bala and killifish are doing great in the main tank their eating swimming normally so I just don't get it my angelfish are even eating in quarantine with medicine in water ick x and their swimming around fine I have a 40 gallon filter on a big tub why did the other fish clear up and why didn't my angelfish and why is it taking so long they have been under heat for 5 days and in medicine for 4 days shouldn't the spots have fallen off by now??

If you can still see spots it’s still contagious. Ich can take
weeks to treat so follow the instructions and finish the treatment or it will just come back. Are you treating the main tank too, because of the fish was in the main tank with spots then that tank is infected. Quarantine doesn’t help much with treating ich, you have to treat the main tank!

The main tank seems to be fine there are no spots on the fish on the main tank I acted very quickly and took fish out the second �� saw spots

Does it help that I just bought a 10w line in uv sterilizer

Ich is easily treated. Anytime I had a spread in a tank, I simply raised the temp a bit and did water changes. Takes a couple of weeks.

Does it help that I just bought a 10w line in uv sterilizer

I have no idea how to install a uv sterilizer. If your fish in the main tank are fine it means that they are healthy and with a good immune system, simply maintain the quality of the water and feed them correctly, the ich is contagious but in a completely healthy fish it usually outweighs it easily. Don't return your angels to your main tank until you complete the quarantine and remove the ich successfully.

Everyone needs to read this amazing story and it's true

So I have gotten ick really badly in my 65 gallon tank I lost 6 fish in a matter of a day I acted very quickly turning my heat up to 87 degrees for a week it made some spots go away but we're still very visible on a few so I took the fish that looked bad out and set them up in a quarantine tank with a filter and was medicating with ich x first two days nothing not getting better or worse than I did a little water change to get the dead Floating ick out I than put the required next dose of meds in and the fourth day they looked HORRIBLE worse than they ever did I immediately put one fish out it's misery with clove oil he was in BAD SHAPE so like I said true story at this point the ick in my main tank wasent over little spots starting appearing so I figured I would put all the fish back together in the main tank and medicate them all but THANK GOD I ordered something special a week prior to this it was a line in 10 watt uv sterilizer for my canister filter now I know ALOT OF PEOPLE say uv lights will not kill ick but it did in my case two days with the uv light fish that were just sitting at the bottom with ick not swimming are clearing up swimming around.my tank and eating right now there are minimal spots on my fish and it's not spreading to the other fish they are healthy swimming normally and it's been two days that infected fish with ick were put into my tank with the rest of the rest and no one else got sick with my uv light now there are alot of talking saying it don't work but it did in my case please share my story and stop this pain in the *** parasite once and for good

Ick really sucks when i have had ick i turn my temp up to 86 and feed my fish frozen pees and live brine shrimp. I give good foods to them so they have a strong matabilizom and strong imune system and i let the fishes bodie get rid of the ick. I have done this for many years and have never lost a fish ever. I also do that in quarentine tanks. I never use meds for any disease i feed them a very healthy diet and there imune system kills what ever it has. Works for any fish i have had 20 years of experience salt and fresh and brackish they all work. I used to own a store and when i would get an order of fish only the ones that were already dead were the ones that died after i started using this method.

Back
Top Bottom