Please help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyle0226

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm at my end and losing my mind I have a 65 gallon tank and my nitraits are really high the fish seem fine but it's still high. In the last week I did a 50 percent water change I replaced all the sponges in my canister filter I even added two live plants and have used the tetra ph booster and clarifier but it's not getting any lower do I have too many fish.
I have 6 mollies
3 killifish
2 glo danio
1 giant danio
1 raphel catfish
2 glo tetra
1 suncat fish
2 rainbow sharks they breed
1 flag fish

The fish I have don't get too big so I don't understand why my nitraits are so high if I have too many fish I don't mind giving some away but I don't think so please help me thank you

Is it possible that I killed the good bacteria by cleaning my tank too much and my filter could that be why my nitraits are high

What are your water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

Why are you using a pH booster?

Why are you concerned if your fish are OK?

Cleaning your filter too much and replacing sponges can kill off bacteria and crash your cycle, but high nitrate isnt a sign of a crashed cycle. Safe nitrate levels are pretty high. Typically you want to keep them below 40ppm, but fish can acclaimate to much higher levels.

Back
Top Bottom