please help on filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soundenzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have three 20...30 ....and a 55g aq...............one of my main problem is power cut.............which filter will be suited for me??? i need info about self priming filter...........Is there any hob which is self priming......or any other suggestion

i have three 20...30 ....and a 55g aq...............one of my main problem is power cut.............which filter will be suited for me??? i need info about self priming filter...........Is there any hob which is self priming......or any other suggestion

only self priming filter i know is the Aquaon filter. they will self prime with or without water in the filter, this is one reason y i use Aquaon filter that way i dont have to worry about power out.

as for the AC, it will only self prime if there water in there.

Get a battery backup for you filters. This helps eliminate the need for a self priming filter. If the power flickers then the batteries kick on and the filters keep running. You can usually find a pretty cheap APC UPS at Staples after rebates. I got mine for around $70 and it has saved me numerous times. I only run 2 heaters and 2 filters through it (my lights would drain it too quickly).

My AquaClears stay primed if the water level doesn't drop. I have to prime the filters after a PWC, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom