Please help to identify my plants + some pics of my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angmoh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Those plants are from my 10gal tank, and now i'v moved them to a 50gal tank. T

hey used to lived in the tank without any proper care (ie. no additional CO2 injection, no sand bed, no ferterlizer, no Ph/Kh/temp or any other readings) , but only a decent lightning.

This is how my plant lives, terrible huh ..

Anyway i need your guys help to identify my plants ... and some good advices :>

info needed :

1) Name
2) Light requirement (very low / low / medium / high / very high)
3) Take care ( very easy / easy / medium / hard / very hard)
4) Other info which you think it's important to let me know

Plant 1
p1.jpg

Plant 2
p2.jpg

Plant 3
p3.jpg

Plant 4
p4.jpg

Plant 5
p5.jpg

Plant 6
p6.jpg

Plant 7
p7.jpg

Some pics of my new 50gal tank .. i know it doesnt look like a professional planted tank .. but please advice :) thanks

View 1
t1.jpg

View 2 - I love their blueish eyes
t2.jpg

View 3 - Those fishes are originally from those 10gal tank as well :)
t3.jpg

View 4
t4.jpg

Ok, that's it ... Thanks for your time and replies :)

1st pic. Amazon sowrd...I don't know the species. I have a similar one in low light, for me it is easy to take care of.

2nd pic. Anubias sp. I don't know the species again but it is low light and easy to take care of. It looks like a cluster of plants, then when each plant has its own seperate root system, you can seperate so you have more plants.

3rd pic. Looks to me like Echinodorus tenellus. Dwarf chain amazon sword. I have some in my low light tank. Seems to be doing ok. Not too hard to take care of. The individual plants look like they could do with some seperating though.

4th pic. Java fern. low light, easy to take care of.

5th. Now this is tricky ... it could be ambulia, but may be its cabomba. I had ambulia grwong in outside pots when I lived in Darwin. I don't actually know about the light requirements.

The rest I have no idea. Hope I was of some assistance.

just a word of advice...u might want to get the rhizomes of the java ferns out of the gravel to keep them alive...maybe tie them to the driftwood to let in a mysterious feeling...
the tank looks great...might look better with a background...but that is a matter of choice...and u might want to show off ur gorgeous driftwood on the right by bringing it out of the amazon swords shadow...
good job...keep it up...

Nice looking tank! It'll grow in 8) Kudos on the way!
How do you call those "blue eyed" fish?
Oh, plant #3 looks to me like lileaopsis novozealandea
Nice pics, keep us posted!

well... i dont know ... the LFS just called them "blue eye fish" :\ and it's hard to buy them. they are out of stock. it's a cheap fish, cost about USD 0.2 per fish .. they just look simple and gorgeous ..

hrmm the java fern shouldnt be buried into the gravel ? well actually those java fern is tied on a diftwood .. and i just covered it with the sand :p ... shall i pull it out ?

btw, i'm planning to get some colorful shrimps for the tank ... which type of shrimps are plant/fish safe ? pics please .. thanks !

1. amazon sword species - 2wpg - moderate
2. anubias bartari (maybe) - 1wpg - easy
3. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis - 2.5wpg - moderate
4. java fern (planted too deeply, rhizome must be above teh gravel) - 1.5wpg - easy
5. Cabomba species (ambulia is finer leaved and brighter green) - 2.5wpg - moderate to hard, depending on species
6. Mayaca - 2wpg - moderate
7. not a clue - but doesn't look very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom