PLEASE HELp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I've had an aquarium going healthy for awhile but i have a problem my ph is always stayed at 7.4 and ammonia nitrites were 0 and nitrate was around 5-10 and now ammonia is between 0 and .25 ppm and nitrite is 0 and nitrate is inbetween 5- 10 still is this ammonia level dangerous would do I do thanks and yes the tank is cycled

Have you made any changes recently like switching filter media, adding new fish, heavy cleaning, etc...?

If so, it could be a mini-cycle as the beneficial bacteria adjusts to the change.

.25 is the threshold of what is considered safe(ish) for your fish. I'd do daily water changes for a while and monitor the levels. If it is a mini-cycle, it shouldn't take long to straighten out.

What type of test kit are you using? If it's API, it's notoriously difficult to tell the difference between 0-.25. It's possible the level I'd actually zero and all is well. :) try testing bottled water as a control and see if the color matches what is in the tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom