please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
oh no. when i was cleaning out my betta tank i dropped it in my sink and it cracked!!!!!! the only other tank i have available is a 2.5 gallon in cycling. i also have a 1 or so gallon container. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you empty all the water out of the tank? You shouldn't change 100% of the water. Only about 50% a week.

So, you need to find a place for your Betta correct? Id take the filter from the cracked tank and put it on the 2.5 gallon tank, then use the 2.5 g tank for the Betta until you get a new tank. If that's possible to do. The tank that cracked was cycled right?

yes it was cycled and i do 50% water changes weekly. I'm worried though that since the ammonia is .5 my betta will die. i love him so much. should i run out and get some instant cycling stuff for the 2.5?

I'd take the filter from the cycled tank and put it on the 2.5 gallon tank. Or tank established media from the cycled tank and put it into the 2.5 gallon tank filter.

Bettas are extremely hardy. If water conditions are bad they take aur from the surface. Id go out and buy a 10 gallon cause its cheaper then then a tank with less capacity and put the established filter in and do 25% water changes weekly and your betta will be fine

HOw are you cycling the 2.5 gal? With ammonia? If so, just do a 100% water change to remove the ammonia that's in there, put the fitler from the betta tank on the 2.5 gal and put the betta in. The tank should be cycled automatically if you use the old filter media from the tank it was in. You can check daily for a few days just to be sure but I don't see any issues.

hes in the container for now. the container is already cycled its for my guppy fry so i thought that was better

Back
Top Bottom