Pleco Abnormal Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kfer95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10in pleco that was in a 30 gallon tank that was kind of thrust onto me, that was so dirty none of my test strips could register nitrate levels that high. While doing many partial water changes over a few months, I got a new tank. The specs are as follows:. Tank: 50 gallon, Tetra dual filter, Not sure of the brand of heater, Hitop 4w pump with two 5 in bubble stones (connected), and an AQQA fluidized moving bed filter. For some reason she has taken to sticking to the side of the tank near the top and occasionally going up for breaths and sometimes swims upside at the surface. I put pleco wafers and shrimp pellets in the tank for her but I don't ever see her eat them. I don't think it's an issue of lack of oxygen as I have the air supply specifically regulated, and I have 5 sunburst platys and a bala shark in the tank that show no signs of distress or oxygen deprivation. She also shows no physical signs of sickness on the outside (no discoloration etc). I'm going to get her a cucumber late see if she enjoys that, but I was wondering if someone with more experience might have some ideas. Anything helps!

Note:From test strips, everything seems to be within ideal levels.

I assume this is the tank you posted about a couple of months ago and its now cycled?
Yes it is. Tank has been cycled, bacterial colony established, everything. The shark that had gotten popeye from it is now back in there and seems to be absolutely loving life now.

Back
Top Bottom