Pleco gone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I did a PWC today and think I sucked up my albino bristlenose pleco!!! Can this happen?? He is nowhere in tank! Can he get out of the water like jump? Got a few deco. And looked everywhere!

Here is a pic of the 55G tank he is/was in: ( in tank has 3 electric yellow labs)

Mumma.of.two said:
Check the floor around and under the tank, in the filter in the light, in the decor, everything. They are VERY good at hiding.

Ok trying it now could he got sucked up siphon while I was doing PWC?

look all around the tank NOW. look under the bed, behind, under chairs, look everywhere... it's quite possible it could've jumped. other than that, it could also be hiding. they can be impossible to find sometimes and it could just be hiding from the stress of a water change. how big was the fish? smaller fish can be sucked up, but bigger fish would clog the siphon.

It is possible if he is small enough but fish usually swim out of the way. Check you buckets and where you dumped the water just incase. I'm pretty sure he should show up. (hope I'm not wrong!)

He is/was a inch an a half searched EVERYWHERE !! Hmmf might just wait till I find him but I will keep looking.

that's nuts. My pleco use to jump and hit the top of the tank. He was very active at night.

Found him!!!! He was in a weird hole in the castle I will show pic. I thought no one could fit in there plus it was dark. He swam out when I took pic thanks all!

told you they hide in some funky places ;) i've done it before too... i know they need hiding places, but i can't stand not seeing a fish when i look in the tank lol. :) just check around the tank, and if things turn up dry, give him a day before you start truly panicking.

blackmolly said:
told you they hide in some funky places ;) i've done it before too... i know they need hiding places, but i can't stand not seeing a fish when i look in the tank lol. :) just check around the tank, and if things turn up dry, give him a day before you start truly panicking.

:) okay I will remember that!!! I just worry too much!!

Back
Top Bottom