pleco with goldfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
I hello so I have a 40 gallon with 4 goldfish which are less then 2 inches. Don't worry once they get to a decent size they go to my aunts 8000 gallon pond. Anyways I got a small pleco and was curious as to if it would be okay. I hear that they can but then I hear its okay. Anyone have hands on experience with a pleco and goldfish? If so any tips?

If he is small, he will likely be ok for now as long as he is well fed. I would really consider moving the goldfish sooner rather later as they will be stunted without adequate water. If they are babies, they should be growing at a rate of 1/2inch+ a month right now depending on the type of goldfish. With your present stocking, frequent big wcs will be necessary.

Yeah I do water changes every 5 days. They are all less then 2 inches my aunt just needs them to grow more because she has some huge koi in the pond

Yeah I do water changes every 5 days. They are all less then 2 inches my aunt just needs them to grow more because she has some huge koi in the pond

Frequent and huge water changes usually mean at least 50%, every other day.

Are they fancy goldfish or commons, comets or shubunkins?

Back
Top Bottom