poly filter question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bless_one

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a bag of Fairfield polyfil for my canister Filters and I have a question.How do I know if it hasn't been treated with fire retardant chemicals?its doesn't say any where on the bag.however,it does say printed on the bag,"meets the flammability requirements of California home furnishings technical bulletin 117".can anyone tell me what this means??

Well-

That is the same brand as the polyfiber I have been using with no observed issues. This was the first time I noticed the part of the label with "meets California standards"... Hmmm

Thanks for the reply.I do hope everything is OK.I hear so many good things about polyfil,and I just hope I bought the right kind...

I will say- the poly I'll works as well or better than the old micron "water polishing" cartridge for the old magnum!

True.and its economical as well.I paid about 3 bucks for a 16 oz. Bag :) that'll last me a long time.which is more than I can say for the fluval water polishing one at my lfs..which runs about 8 bucks for about 6 pads that'll last me precisely one week..or one pwc ..lol

Back
Top Bottom