Pool Filter Sand or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
razor, its on, you and your little insomnia team against me and spoonman... may the best team win (thats us ;))... you know i was just thinking... it would be cool to have a contest for the nicest cichlid tank... i wouldnt have a chance, but it would be cool to see who can come up with the nicest setup

razor, its on, you and your little insomnia team against me and spoonman... may the best team win (thats us ;))... you know i was just thinking... it would be cool to have a contest for the nicest cichlid tank... i wouldnt have a chance, but it would be cool to see who can come up with the nicest setup
Sounds good to me choose your venue of competition, post count? Yo momma battle? Wang measuring? Battle to the death? How about who can stay up posting every 5 minutes for the longest?

lo... i was talking about a competition on tanks lol... wow wasnt expecting that... im speechless. it would be cool for team pfs to take on team insomnia in an all out battle for the coolest setup. next week ill have the new 55 up and running, so watch out lol

Or we could set a date when we would cut off having our tanks finished and then put up a poll and let the viewers vote on whos tank is the best.?

lets say by the end of september... thats 2 full months, get what you can, and have the pictures on here by the last day in september... that sound fair enough?

yes, one tank per person, not judged on the size or what filters, etc, judges solely on the overall look inside... ie substrate, fish, decor, etc... sound good?

I am having second thoughts about this and what this site is meant for. I will get back to you. Maybe we can do this as a friendly competition via pm's and not the forum? And we can just try to impress each other?

I have you guys all as friends. If you have a camera that will take a pic with a date(or we just trust you), take a pic in the next couple days. Then on 1 Oct take a pic and we will start a thread with before and after and we will see the progress and see how well we did?

I have you guys all as friends. If you have a camera that will take a pic with a date(or we just trust you), take a pic in the next couple days. Then on 1 Oct take a pic and we will start a thread with before and after and we will see the progress and see how well we did?
Ok will do.

mine doesnt have a time stamp on it... or at least i dont know how to turn it on if it does lol... but you all know what mine looks like from yesterday... will that work? thats the one i want to use

Here is a pic of my 55 at my bro-in-laws house. Not that impressive, but he likes it. I still am the one that does all the mainenance on it.

Attachments

• Re-exposure of DSC00666.jpg
    Re-exposure of DSC00666.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 69
Na, just another tank I have/take care of. Gonna make some changes to the 115G. That will be the one that you see the changes in. Gonna change filters, add more rock, put the plants in....etc.

This one just has a gang of fish that I rescued from people that were gonna flush them. Lots of people left Vegas when the housing market fell through, so there were alot of fish to be rescued.

Back
Top Bottom