Pool filter sand with a pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering I set up my 80 gall long ago and a couple months ago got the plant bug I want to switch out my gravel for pool filter sand I have a sal fin and a farlowella is this stuff too course for them cause the farlowella likes to feed off the gravel

I am honestly quite scared to make the switch cause I have about 500$ in fish in this community

I switched and neither my royal pleco nor my bristlenose have had issues at all. they are healthy and happy, theyve actually come out more since Ive switched.

fadetoblack06 said:
I switched and neither my royal pleco nor my bristlenose have had issues at all. they are healthy and happy, theyve actually come out more since Ive switched.

Kool how many pounds of pfs come in a bag and should I use 80 lbs for an 80 gallon?

Kool how many pounds of pfs come in a bag and should I use 80 lbs for an 80 gallon?

I got my PFS from leslie's pool supplies and it comes in 50 lb bags. For a 3 inch bed in my 55gal tank I used 100 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom