Poor mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Staceh22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi was wondering if someone could help, I have a 300 litre tank with 4 angel fish. 1 bala, flying fox, pleco, 2 mollies and a few danios I've just come downstairs to find lil white bits floating around and noticed someone has attacked my mollie who could possibly be the culprit?

Taken two fins off of her belly. She can still swim but I feel terrible. There's two of them and they are only picking on her. The whole tank have gone mad all chasing each other. The angels so were quiet close have now starting picking on the littlest one, I don't know what's going on ha ha

Sounds like your fish are maturing. What happens is you get sold young/immature fish and all seems well. They soon grow and reach sexual maturity. Then all hell breaks loose if the tanks not stocked correctly. Yours doesn't sound bad but I would be concerned about 4 angels together.
The molly should be ok without the fins. You will have to look out for further aggression and possible infection at the site if the injury.

Well I've just put my two black angel fish on eBay as they seem to be the worst bullies in there. Apart from that I don't know what else to do ha ha

Craigslist is also a good place to list fish, or you can trying giving them to your LFS for credit.

Back
Top Bottom