Poorly Male Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramsword

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

I have a Betta fish which I have had for a year. He was in community tank with neon tetras and a couple of panda Cory's. I stupidly gave the tank to friends for their kids and despite best efforts the Betta is now very sick. They called me soon have collected him and have him in a hospital tank. He is just sat on his side at the bottom of the tank, lost his colour and is now grey and his fins are shredded and depleted significantly. He can swim up for air but drops down immediately. He hasn't eaten for about ten days. temp 28, with aquarium salt added and water level nice and low so he can get air easier. I went to the LFS and they advised to dose Pimafix and gave me some fin rot treatment also. There is no obvious sign of fungus, other than the fin rot and no pineconing. Anyone have any ideas? I fear he won't make it. Thanks

I followed another thread where a guy was nursing a sick/malnourished betta and he said he had to give him bites of food with a pair of tweezers because he showed no interest in the food. After a couple tweezer feedings apparently he would eat again. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom