possible algae? idk dude

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcxn24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hii, little concerned. these tiny white things hanging off the glass, they seem to flow with the water flow. No crawling or anything, just seems weird. i’ve had problems with detritus before and it doesn’t look like them, i’m just concerned if it could be hydra or a different type of worm i’m not familiar with. I’m assuming algae cus it seems like the start of algae growth, but it’s been like this for a couple weeks and normally algae seems to grow quicker and it’s white - not green or brown like I normally see. Idk. i’m not sure. Any help is appreciated :)

Attachments

• 79EEF260-9503-4E8A-B9B7-1AA874F8A55C.jpg
    79EEF260-9503-4E8A-B9B7-1AA874F8A55C.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 26
i thought i had attached it, sorry. this is my first time using this forum.

Welcome to the community! :welcome:

The pic is there now (y)

I can see that stuff on the glass. I know I have had it before. It might be a growth from just getting the tank started. You can scrape it off with a razor blade.

Are there any fish or snails in the tank?

How long have you had it running?

Anything you added with in the month or 2 before you noticed it?

It reminds me of some of the stuff which grows on driftwood/ DW. Like a fungus. And I do not thing it would be anything to harm fish or snails. I thought maybe a snail would have eaten it.

Back
Top Bottom