Possible new 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so since I think I am pretty good with my fish, I have acquired enough experience, I want to start a 29 gallon semi-aggressive tank, I am thinking of this stock
1 red tail shark
1 rainbow shark
1 African spotted leaf fish
1 angelfish
2 African feather fin catfish
2 tiger barbs
1 golden gourami
How does this sound?

Ok, so just checked with Aquadvisor, I think this is a better stocking
1 spotted African leaf fish
1 golden gourami
2 red tailed sharks
4 tiger barbs
4 albino tiger barbs
How is this?

Ok, here, better change
1 spotted African leaf fish
1 gold gourami
3 tiger barbs
3 albino tiger barbs
1 red tailed shark
1 rainbow shark
Is this good?

Ok, so I read that the red tailed shark will fight with the rainbow shark, so I'm changing that a bit
1 golden gourami
3 tiger barbs
3 albino tiger barbs
1 red tailed shark
1 bristlenose pleco

Ok, so I read that the red tailed shark will fight with the rainbow shark, so I'm changing that a bit
1 golden gourami
3 tiger barbs
3 albino tiger barbs
1 red tailed shark
1 bristlenose pleco

The shark, pretty much all the freshwater "sharks" need more room than a 29, or at least will over time. That would be the concern. They'd likely need a 50 or more in the near future.

Goldfish, you're keeping yourself busy with this thread... :)

Gouramis and tiger barbs in a 29g = no pelvic fins for the gourami.

David

Yea, my uncle is CRAZY over red tailed sharks, he will give me a one incher, then when it gets to be five inches, he will trade it in for a small one again
Is there something similar to the red tailed shark, I need something for the bottom

Yeah, the tiger barbs can be aggressive. Rosy barbs and others still have kick in them But they aren't nippers to the extent tiger barbs are.

Yea, my uncle is CRAZY over red tailed sharks, he will give me a one incher, then when it gets to be five inches, he will trade it in for a small one again
Is there something similar to the red tailed shark, I need something for the bottom

Looks like you've thought this through and have a plan. Hhhmmm... I'm not sure what would be comparable. Likely somebody will know...

Ok, thanks, if not, I really don't want to cause stress on the fish, I have read that African featherfin catfish is much less aggressive

Ok, so this is what I have for now
1 African leaf fish
3 albino tiger barbs
3 tiger barbs
1 bn pleco
I still need something to be at the top like the African leaf fish, I was thinking maybe a crown tail betta,or another leaf fish?
I also need a bottom dweller, like a rainbow shark, or an African featherfin?

Ok, I thin I'm doing the red tailed shark, when it gets 5 or six inches big, I'm trading it for a smaller one, there will be plenty of live plants and a big hollow piece of driftwood, just until it's 6 inches

Ok, so stock
1 African leaf fish
? Still need a top swimmer, maybe a crown tail betta or another African leaf fish, I currently have an angelfish, can he stay?
3 albino tiger barbs
3 tiger barbs
1 red tailed shark
1 bn pleco

Barbs would attack the betta, also in time the red tail shark would also attack the betta

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom