Possible new aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am hoping to get a 26 gallon Bowfront aquarium for Christmas and I'm wondering what would be some good ideas for fish, gravel/substrate, and decorations. I was thinking of some african chiclids and would need help with the decorating. If anyone has any other ideas I would love to here them :)

Thanks

To be honest i am completly new to this, and would greatly appreciate any advice I could get

Depends on what you want. A 26g is a pretty good size. Do you want livebearers, like guppies and platies? Or tetras, like Rummy Nose and Cardinals? Cory cats are cute and fun bottom feeders. Amano shrimp are cool, and large enough to survive with most community fish. Dwarf cichlids like Bolivian and Blue Rams make an interesting addition. My suggestion is to visit the LFS, or check some online fish retailers out and see what you like. I can give you more suggestions. Have you kept aquariums before?

Yes when I was little we had a 10 gallon community, but I don't remember much of that. Right now I have a 3 gallon cold water with 2 Rosie red minnows and 2 zebra danios

Back
Top Bottom