Possible New Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello people of aquarium advice...

Some of you may know im going to be doing an ADA build in september for my main tank.

On a side project and with MTS kicking in, i might try my hand at an ADA 45F betta tank

This would be my inhabitant
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405630952.328838.jpg

Now i want this tank to be low maintenance and non time consuming.

Im looking for LED lighting for this tank that puts me in low light but i would like moonlight settings and other tricks. Ive slated them in the past but i think ive grown fonder of them.

Look forward to any ideas....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice betta!! I'll be following suit shortly;) current sat plus!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

MTS rules bro! Haha... man, those 45F's are awesome little tanks. That betta is super sexy too. I saw one similar when i got mine, but it was like $10 more. So i got the cheaper not-as-sexy one. Haha

I think a Sat+ would be perfect with a single ramp timer. But you won't get automatic moonlighting. You'll just have the remote for on-demand moonlight.

However, if you're good with electronics and code, you can rig up a DIY Arduino controller for cheap.

Or you can get some cheap adhesive type LED strips, and add them to underneath the Sat+. Add it to a mechanical timer and have it come on after the ramp down cycle.

MTS rules bro! Haha... man, those 45F's are awesome little tanks. That betta is super sexy too. I saw one similar when i got mine, but it was like $10 more. So i got the cheaper not-as-sexy one. Haha

I think a Sat+ would be perfect with a single ramp timer. But you won't get automatic moonlighting. You'll just have the remote for on-demand moonlight.

However, if you're good with electronics and code, you can rig up a DIY Arduino controller for cheap.

Or you can get some cheap adhesive type LED strips, and add them to underneath the Sat+. Add it to a mechanical timer and have it come on after the ramp down cycle.

Ok looks like the current sat plus is the best option here.

I didnt know with it being such a shallow tank if it would put me into a higher light range than low light?

I would want to do an iwagumi with maybe the main stone reaching the waters surface

Very pretty Betta, I almost got one exactly like that a couple months back :)

Be careful with the stones and the bettas fins.... Might cause some torn finnage.

Very pretty Betta, I almost got one exactly like that a couple months back :)

Be careful with the stones and the bettas fins.... Might cause some torn finnage.

Oh i wasnt aware the stones could be a problem :( are the fins really that fragile?

They can be, if the stone has sharp edges or points that are sharp they can do damage. I think you would be fine with most iwagumi rocks. Are you going to use seiru stone? If so you should be fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Not sure on stone choice yet. Im using seiryu in my main tank build so prob would try something different

Ok looks like the current sat plus is the best option here.

I didnt know with it being such a shallow tank if it would put me into a higher light range than low light?

I would want to do an iwagumi with maybe the main stone reaching the waters surface

It's dimmable and you can suspend it. Two ways to get the light intensity you need.

The Ecoxotic E-Series has all the same features as the Sat+ but it has an integrated ramp timer and automatic moonlight. From what I've heard it's a little higher power than the Sat+, but it is dimmable with no issue (mine is set at 80%). Might want to look into that, you know in case you want to up your light output in the future!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405691720.472879.jpg

Fugeray R clip on would give you solid low-medium light if the tank is around 6-7 inches tall right?

And I believe it has moonlight, but not the fancy tricks like the Ecoxotic has.

The e-Series would be killer suspended over the 45f. You can suspend it way higher due to its higher output capability. As RadMax8 mentioned, it has the ramp timer that automates a rhythmic cycle of sunrise/sunset and moonlight.

You can probably do a 12" if you suspend it. It's $120 here. Otherwise, Sat+ it! Haha

Here's an 18" suspended over the 60F. Lightning storm effect :)

Ecoxotic E-Series Lightning: http://youtu.be/mmtr_BqHUU8

Edit:
Since you want a low tech low maintenance tank, you can customize a dimmer "daylight" color and intensity and then commit that to memory. Same with moonlight.

Last edited:
The e-Series would be killer suspended over the 45f. You can suspend it way higher due to its higher output capability. As RadMax8 mentioned, it has the ramp timer that automates a rhythmic cycle of sunrise/sunset and moonlight.

You can probably do a 12" if you suspend it. It's $120 here. Otherwise, Sat+ it! Haha

Here's an 18" suspended over the 60F. Lightning storm effect :)

Ecoxotic E-Series Lightning: http://youtu.be/mmtr_BqHUU8

That looks awesome Brian! And only $120 too.

Well for the 12".. Haha.. I think it's a little spendy, but feature rich and output capable.

Thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom