Possibly ich not sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jill530

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed some smaller than sand sized white specs on my jawfish's tail. There are a few spots and they seem to have moved slightly however I am not sure what they are. They are only visible on his tail and being that he just became more active and I have just recently been able to see his tail I am not sure what to think of them. They were first noticed by me sunday (4/11/10) and so far they havent seemed to effect him. He is eating fine and just as active. I got a few pictures below, spots are very hard to notice though. Help? I really would hate to quarantine him being that he is a very scared fish and takes a lot of adjusting to new things. I figure quarantining will stress him out a ton and I would like to avoid doing so until I know for sure I have a problem. This all might just be a sand on tail no porblem kind of thing however hes my one and only fish and I am pretty attached :sad:

Attachments

• DSC_0013a.jpg
    DSC_0013a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0008a.jpg
    DSC_0008a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 80
In the second pic it just looks to be coloration, but keep an eye on der fishy.

+1 for coloration, ich spots are easier to see and trust me, if your fish gets ich, it won't be just the tail, you'll see the spots all over the body.

Back
Top Bottom