Possibly stalled cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, in on day 8 of fishless cycle. No nitrates it nitrites. Ammonia 4ppm. Is thi normal? I've not added any ammonia sorce for 5 days, and 4 days ago ds a 25% wc cuz if 8ppm ammonia. Is it stalled?also, what are these? Micro bubbles? How do I get rid of em and are they bad??

Attachments

• image-3947463157.jpg
    image-3947463157.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 63
8 days isn't too long; it can often take up to two weeks to see ammonia drop. Are you using strips or a liquid test? Be sure ammonia isn't too high; if it was 8 and you only did a 25% change it still might be a bit high, maybe try another 50% change, don't forget dechlorinator.

Can you see where the bubbles are coming from? A filter or air stone maybe? Try turning the filter and/or pumps off and see if the bubbles go away. If they do you may have some air trapped in the filter if that's where it's coming from.

I am using liqued. I tested and its 4 again. Still not adding. The bubbles seem the be coming from the filter, I have a biowheel (marineland penguin 200b) do you suggust Turning it off for how long?

I unplugged th fitter and in 4 minuets all bubbles gone! Then I plugged the filter back in and boom, there all there again!! So what can I do!

Finally! Updated progress!!!!! Ammonia measures skew here like 2 ppm, not sure what do ya think? Nitrites are like 5.0. So finally some new numbers!!!!! I'll measure trates soon! So how long do you think It will take from here!? Just like an estimate

Well that's progress! It's hard to say in terms of time frame, every tank is different. You can wait on ammonia to see if it drops more in 24 hours; if it does you can dose back up to 4 (just don't overdose). Sounds like the filter is adding the bubbles. Is the water level low? If so it can cause more bubbles as the water splashes down, or you might have some air in the filter. Is it making any odd noises? Maybe check the connections, be sure the tubes are firmly attached.

The tank level is a tad low, I'll as it up a bit, the only reason I haven't is because there's a center brace that is in the middle, and when I raise it it blocks the bubbles from my bubbler from goin throughout the tank. I'll try tho

Readings.

Ammonia .25( dosed to 4ppm)
Nitrites (between 2-5)
Nitrate (between 10 and 20)
Ph 7.6
Doin good??

Back
Top Bottom