post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichlids in general have lots of personality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah jack Dempseys grow slow but it goes in spurts. And suddenly they double in size

My JD has more than doubled in size since we got him. He was a short, skinny twig. Now, he is around 4.5-5" long and getting thick

Jesse

Water change and rock restructuring day here. Its always fun to watch the Metriaclima mbweca alter things to his liking in just a day or so.
The Neolamprologus buescheri gombe enjoys harassing him while he digs.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1433480209558.jpg
    1433480209558.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 1433480232712.jpg
    1433480232712.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 1433480253528.jpg
    1433480253528.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 168
I got a 3d back round for my tank tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 1434345605642.jpg
    1434345605642.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 157
My green terror had actually doubled in size in the last month or so I need some of the others to catch up or I'll have to separate them

New 45gal, Fluval 70 HOB, seeded from previous starter tank media, six 'mixed' African cichlids and four zebra danios. Caribsea African Cichlid sand & some white NatGeo gravel. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434361857.814933.jpg

I got a 3d back round for my tank tell me what you think.

I think the tank looks really nice, but when those Mbuna get big enough to they will likely harass the peacocks. The electric yellow will be fine but the others are pretty aggressive.

Danios have been with them since the cichlids were 1.25", to make the cichlids come out from hiding. They really don't bother each other. Will keep an eye out, though.

Danios have been with them since the cichlids were 1.25", to make the cichlids come out from hiding. They really don't bother each other. Will keep an eye out, though.

This isn't something you do with Africans. It can be done with new world cichlids in the form of dither or target fish but isn't necessary with Africans. One day, a cichlid will snap and they will be likely killed.

I 99% agree. But ive seen the odd thing happen before in tanks. Lol. As long as you keep an eye on aggression then your doing your due diligence. And good luck. I had a good friend that kept a dozen pirahna in a 300gl tank. One of them being a german black rahm. I dont know much abt pirahna, but hear the german rahms are more aggresive than reg pirahna. Anyways after 2 yrs of feeding them feeder goldfish. And them gobbling them up like war machines. They let one live, it grew to get pretty big over the years. Hung out in the group occasionaly, swam, and ate freely. He wound up givin it to his moms goldfish pond after a few yrs. Pirahna Kept destroying every other goldfish he put/puts in. Point being, sometimes a cat and a dog do ok together for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of my favorite shots of this guy

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434783068300.jpg
    1434783068300.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 157
I 99% agree. But ive seen the odd thing happen before in tanks. Lol. As long as you keep an eye on aggression then your doing your due diligence. And good luck. I had a good friend that kept a dozen pirahna in a 300gl tank. One of them being a german black rahm. I dont know much abt pirahna, but hear the german rahms are more aggresive than reg pirahna. Anyways after 2 yrs of feeding them feeder goldfish. And them gobbling them up like war machines. They let one live, it grew to get pretty big over the years. Hung out in the group occasionaly, swam, and ate freely. He wound up givin it to his moms goldfish pond after a few yrs. Pirahna Kept destroying every other goldfish he put/puts in. Point being, sometimes a cat and a dog do ok together for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow what a story! Lol I can just imagine a goldfish swimming with the school of piranhas :D

Caleb

Forgive me for being slightly overstocked at the moment. The wife went a little crazy and went on a fish buying rampage. Here's a few red spotted gold severum, an electric blue Jack Dempsey, purple parrot, blue acara, and a Bolivian ram.

image-3897870086.jpg

One of my favorite shots of this guy

He is sweet! What size tank is he in?

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

He's in a 90 gallon at the moment I might put him up for sale or for trade I'm still debating. Had him since he was 2 inches

Back
Top Bottom