post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear u! My friend from across country came and on visit said he'd add plants to mine for color. Just haven't seen right ones! Hers tank now and my old one w plants. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391914712.302726.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391914825.272900.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391914902.033532.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391914982.963794.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391915020.215318.jpg

What part of the country do you live in? Our tanks are very similar. I used to have a lot more river stone like you but I moved into a third story apartment and that much weight made me a little uneasy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What part of the country do you live in? Our tanks are very similar. I used to have a lot more river stone like you but I moved into a third story apartment and that much weight made me a little uneasy

I'm in Boston.

Edit - if it was me you were asking.

Last edited:
I'm in Boston.

Edit - if it was me you were asking.

Sorry still learning this stupid app. Oh wow. Did you have to buy your river stone or is it just laying around outside everywhere

I bought it. Landscape and rock supply yard. It was not too cheap! I thought .30 a pound was ok but they're much heavier than I thought. There's at least a couple hundred pounds.

I bought it. Landscape and rock supply yard. It was not too cheap! I thought .30 a pound was ok but they're much heavier than I thought. There's at least a couple hundred pounds.

I live in Arizona. This stuff is everywhere. I went overboard when I first setup the tank I had it stacked almost to the top. Bad idea. Especially when the fish start digging

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392104611.438193.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392104645.771833.jpg 55 gallon South American/African Cichlid Tank. I'm slowly transitioning to African Cichlids.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392111823.258620.jpg

160L 4ft
3x crabro 1x big male hongi 2x yellows (pair) 2xjacob freibergi's 1xcobolt 1xvenestuss 1x ob peacock 1x red shoulder peacock 1xmaingalo 2x Lombardi (pair) 1x Lombardi or opposite cichlid type 1xcrimson tide 1xelectric blue 3xred shoulder/iceberg/electricblue? 2x Cory's 2x common bn
25 total...
Also in a grow out tank waiting to go in
2xhongi 2x yellows 1x dragonblood 1x salousi 1x albino afra
:)

second hand

Almost all this stuff was second hand even the plexi 66 tank.
The stand for the 125 I build myself from pieces of nice wood I collected over.

Somebody online told me I can keep adding as many filters as I wanted to clean up the tanks so I rigged almost the while top of my 125 to be a filter. I thought I did a good job keeping it low profile as well. Enjoy.

Hector and cleo - YouTube

Jack Dempsey community tank with turtle - YouTube

Enjoy

My wild caught oscar, silver dollar tank. This pic actually still has my tiger oscar in it with Chaos, my wild caught, behind the divider. Chaos has the tank to himself now with the dollars.

My wild caught oscar, silver dollar tank. This pic actually still has my tiger oscar in it with Chaos, my wild caught, behind the divider. Chaos has the tank to himself now with the dollars.

That's perfect! 125?

My 35 cichlid grow out tank

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392314332863.jpg
    1392314332863.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 146
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392397753.159973.jpg

This is my new 55 gallon i just set up! Loving the fish i have an auratus, acei, venustus, and 6 yellow lab rusty hybrids i just got for free. As you can see in the picture they look more yellow lab than rusty.

Back
Top Bottom