post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'll see how it goes they all get on at the minute, if the oscars do turn on them I'll take the Angels back

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can see why they are expensive, they look real! (y)

They look pretty good, i think. Heres an old picture of before the algea blended it all together. So you can see how they come. Id like to get some more and silicone it into a larger mountain to break it up into two sides. But thats down the road if i ever feel like breaking the bank again lol

007.jpg

Just rearrange the rock work in my tank.

Attachments

• 1449381627924.jpg
    1449381627924.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 1449381638781.jpg
    1449381638781.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 159
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451525585.116562.jpg
Mines probably not the best but I'm working on building it up!
My cichlid tank is a 75 gallon and as decorations I'm using two flower pots, lava rock, 3 rocky aquarium pieces, an assortment of plants, a blue thing with holes, these plastic tires, a small piece of drift wood, a floating plant, some small rocks and a tunnel. For substrate I'm using 40 ponds of aragonite sand. There's obviously a heater and a filter. In the picture I had put the decorations in, so the tank was clouded from the sand. If anyone has any suggestions for me please tell me because I'm still learning about owning cichlids as I've only had them for about 4 months.

I use those 75¢ clay pots at Home Depot and my fish love them. You can either use them as is or do what I did. Rinse them, then turn them upside down and use a hammer & screwdriver to chisel out the bottom. Finally, use some course and fine grit sandpaper to round out sharp edges

Back
Top Bottom