Powder blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
My PB has had ick for about 3 weeks now but for the past 2 days I have seen very little spots I have been feeding selcon in he's food for the past 3 days now maybe it's helpin him figh the ick I'm goin to buy a blue jaw trigger today will acclimate him for 3 hours drip acclimation to reduce the stress

Do not buy another fish if ick is in your tank!!!!!! It will surely get it!!!!! You need to wait until you don't see ick on the fish for 8 weeks if he fights it off. It's still in the tank 8 weeks after. Any new fish will get it. This hobby is about being patient, I don't know why you would add a stressed fish to an infected tank.

Yea ur right just thought it over I will wait for a while

Ich will be present whether you see the spots on the fish or not. Best to get the fish in a quarantine tank and treat while leaving the display tank fishless.

scottayy said:
Ich will be present whether you see the spots on the fish or not. Best to get the fish in a quarantine tank and treat while leaving the display tank fishless.

Can't remove him he's in a 210g tank with lots of hiding spots

Can you move your rocks to reduce the hiding spots and get him out. Move them and wait till he calms down. Then get him out. I just did that with my chocolate tang for a fungal infection. Took a few hours, but it's better for the fish and the tank.

Rosesrblu1 said:
Can you move your rocks to reduce the hiding spots and get him out. Move them and wait till he calms down. Then get him out. I just did that with my chocolate tang for a fungal infection. Took a few hours, but it's better for the fish and the tank.

I could try to get him out but I also have 3 yellow tangs 1 hippo tang an go in there an try to get him out I will only be stressing my fish more an more an they too could get ick from all that stress I will just have too keep them happy an feeding him selcon an garlic in not to concern about it he will make it last thing I need is more stress in the tank

I would feed food soaked in vitamins and garlic. Wait 8 weeks after you see the last white spots. The ick should be dead by then. Then get a new fish. I would probably wait an extra 2 weeks just to be safe.

Yea i will do that he's eating fine nice a fat just that he has ick not to worried he should get through this just fine they main thing is don't panic

Back
Top Bottom