Power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the best pump for an undergravel filter. Right now I got a power head I believe, it does circulate the water well but I don't like the way it connects to the stack. There has to be one that's better. Almost always is. Anyways anybody out there have their own system for and undergravel filter or know of a better pump?

So I did some research and found out I have a aquaclear powerhead 402(30). I think the gph was around 230 and it has a reverse flow of 125. Now why would you want a reverse flow first of all? And it still blows out the top to which is good for the fish I guess. That way they won't get sucked in

reverse forces water "backwards", so instead of the flow drawing the waste into the gravel it will shove it out. I personally like a powerhead and the "normal" flow that sucks waste into the gravel, if and when I have to reset my 125g i'll go with a dual setup with a UGF and canister that I have now, I so dislike things not "disappearing" into the gravel *LOL*

Ya on my 35 I got a power head402 (50) running my underground and an aquaclear 30 filter that hangs off the side, when you adjust the gph lever does the current slow right down? Mine barely does anything. I think maybe I need to replace my seals or something

Back
Top Bottom