Power outage help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to in the middle of a hurricane this week what if my power goes out bc my tank is at my dads and I'm only there a couple days a week whatif it goes of when I'm not there all my stuff will freeze pleeaaasee heeelp it's a 10 gal in my kitchen

Attachments

• image-3082707095.jpg
    image-3082707095.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 84
Where are you located that it would freeze? During Isabel a few years ago, we lost power for about 5 days and our tank was fine. Just clean and do a decent water change once the power comes backs on.

I'm on Long Island and hurricane sandy is coming our way too. I have 3 tanks in my room and the 4th tank is cycling now. This is going to suck if we lose power. Once power comes back on I assume doing a water change would help. I was worried about this too, 1st time having a tank during a storm.

I think you'll be fine on the temp issue if power goes out. You're not that far from us, and our temps are still suppose to be in the 50s and such with the hurricane, I think. A few days of cooler temp should be OK, and it will go own somewhat gradually, not be an instant temp shock. What's stocked in the tank?

Last time I had a power outage I didn't know the temp dropped to 40 and I have a massive brown algea break out

Back
Top Bottom