Power Restored! *UPDATE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
About 10:00 p.m I got my power back on. This was 6 full days without it. Preliminary tank checks are showing a loss of about 4 heads of my frogspawn and my rose anemone is gone. All the fish seem to be ok, just a little freaked out over lights being back on. I was majorly concerned about my clam, but it opened right up and responded to the lights, so I am hoping it is going to be fine. I think I will just leave lights on for 4 hours tonight, then 6 tomorrow and increase through the weekend. Hopefully nothing else dies in this process.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the last few days, I would have gone bonkers without it for sure.

I'm glad you have power again! Six days without it is rough, for the fish and you too. Sorry about the corals and the anemone. I hope the other corals and fish are recovering ok. The gradual introduction back to the light sounds good to me. How are the eels doing? Good luck!

Glad to hear you have power. Sorry about the losses, but at least your others have survived! I'm really glad everything is working out for you.

Yippee...great to hear that you have POWER! Sorry to hear that you suffered some losses but to look on the bright side, you know that it could have been much worse.

PS - Don't forget the party that was proposed. :)

Woo hoo. Congratulations Hara. I'm glad to hear that most of your headache from the storm is now over. And again, really amazing you made it with such few losses.

Best of luck with the rest of the tank. :)

Yay! That's great news Hara. Sorry some the frogspawn perished but there is still hope for the anemone. Hopefully it will yet come out of the rocks and be fine. Awesome news on the clam. Good luck with the rest of your tank. Glad your losses were minimal and things can get back to normal for you.

Great news! Sounds like you kept the damage to a minimum. Give the frogspawn some time and the anemone may sho up again.

Wow six days and your tank is in that good of shape! Thats awesome! Sounds like you did a lot to help it survive. I am glad you have power. Now take a HOT bath and relax!

I would think that if the anemone had died you'd be suffering many domino effect losses due to the ammo release at death. The fact that you've had so few losses leads me to believe that he's probably hiding out in there somewhere waiting for the night to be over.

Good luck nursing everything back to health from here. Your game plan on the lights sounds good. If you notice any odd behavior you may want to screen the tank and increase the photo period instead.

You've done an amazing and highly commendable job and maintaining the life of your animals under conditions of extreme duress. If there is an industry award for such behavior you deserve it tenfold.

Congratulations!

You were right Phyl!! Look who showed up today! I am so happy
*Hara does the happy dance*

(excuse the crappy picture)

Attachments

• dscn5581.jpg
    dscn5581.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 40
Well, well, well! Lookie what we've found :)

This is great news and I'm really glad for you. I agree with Phyllis...maybe we can make our own award? You certainly have earned it.

You were right Phyl!! Look who showed up today!

One time I'm really happy I was right! That's great! Hope to hear lots more good news over the next couple of weeks as everything begins to rebound!

Back
Top Bottom