Powerhead question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
What powerhead is the best and quietest for using to create CO2 mist by injecting into the intake of the powerhead? I don't mind the noise caused by the impeller hitting the CO2 bubbles, but the current powerhead that I have has become very noisy, and can't quiet it down.

i am running a maxijet 600. it is completly silent when running and isnt to bad with the impellar crunching sound. another neat trick is to put an airstone in the intake of the powerhead(if it can fit) this casue a much smaller noise casue the bubbles coming out are smaller. works just as well but i think u have a better chance of airlock. i also tried a pico pump but it wasnt strong enough and the bubbles didnt really shoot around enough for me.

The Maxijet 600 was completely scilent, but not it rattles like crazy. Both of them. And one I just use for surface aggitation. Can't get it to stop. I pulled the worst one out and put my aquaclear in, but it has no deflector, so I can't direct the water flow.

I thought I read somebody here using a AC PH as a diffuser. You can run your airline directly to the port on top of the PH. The CO2 gas would not have to go through the impeller.

I suggest an AC 301 (better suction cup mount) with a modified impellor. Use a scrubber pad wrapped around the impellor to better break up the CO2.

PS. the smaller the bubbles going in the smaller coming out.

Back
Top Bottom