PPS Pro and pre-mixed Micro Macro Solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard that mixing your micros and macros together can cause some issues. Stuff grows in the bottles much more readily. It's also much harder to tune your mixture if it's premixed. I've had to cut way back on the phosphorus and jack up the nitrogen in my PPS Pro mix.

I agree with BigJim - I would much rather mix them independently so that the dosage can be tweaked.

the premixed solutions work. They are a good choice if you are just starting out and are feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole process.

The benefit of mixing the ferts yourself is that you can adjust it accordingly. Lets say you have a heavily stocked tank, you have a good steady nitrate reading, so you don't want any kno3 in the mix, mixing the ferts yourself would let you be able to do that.

You get 1 part each with the pre-mixed package... to dose ppps pro, you don't use 1 part each... so, if you want to dose according to their recipe, it'll work... but not if you dose pps pro or EI.

Thanks all. I ordered the pre-mix before any responses came. I think I will use it to get going and let my wallet get caught up before I buy a scale and the individual fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom