PPS-PRO kit, alternative to potassium nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
i live in dubai UAE. i wanted to buy the PPS-PRO fertilizer kit which is available in US from "green leaf aquarium" site. but this kit contains potassium nitrate, which a banned substance in dubai. can anyone advice any alternate for that.:)

Fish waste and extra feedings :) You can skip out on the potassium nitrate, most of us mix it in a separate bottle and only use it just in case our nitrates drop to 0. I've yet to use it personally.

Niles, I will second that, the potassium Nitrate mix/bottle from my PPS-Pro kit serves best as a paper weight... I just don't want or need 80 ppm Nitrate in my tanks, and my fishes agree!

I use potassium sulphate instead to replace the lost potassium from not dosing potassium nitrate. I dont dose any extra nitrate other than fish waste.

I dont think green leaf aquariums ship outside of the US anymore. Im in the UK and tried to buy from them but they cancelled the order

I am now running at 105% vs being at 60% and I now have no problem maintaining 20-30ppm nitrates.

With lower stock I kept having to dose and my nitrates would bottom out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just a question that came to my mind. If KNO3 is illegal in Dubai, then are there no chemistry labs in schools and colleges there? I got my stuff where they sell to such institutions. I am sure everything is available everywhere, you just need to know where to find it.

Back
Top Bottom