Pre-Filter for Red Cherry Shrimp Tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would need a pre-filter sponge for my RCS tank in the future. Right now I have some pantyhose over the intake. My filter is an Aqueon Quietflow 10 (100 GPH). What is the best brand or product for a pre-filter sponge for this type of filter?

I don't even know what brand I got, it might actually be this one: http://www.fluvaledgereviews.org/articles/fluval-edge-pre-filter-sponge

The shrimp LOVE it. There are at least 20 of them on it at all times. Occasionally, I have to clean plant matter off of it, but the water flow through this is fantastic. I have no complaints.

The pre-filters are interchangeable. In other words, it doesn't matter what type of filter you have, if the pre-filter fits, it'll do the job.

I don't even know what brand I got, it might actually be this one: Fluval Edge Pre Filter Sponge | Fluval Edge Reviews

The shrimp LOVE it. There are at least 20 of them on it at all times. Occasionally, I have to clean plant matter off of it, but the water flow through this is fantastic. I have no complaints.

The pre-filters are interchangeable. In other words, it doesn't matter what type of filter you have, if the pre-filter fits, it'll do the job.
Ok, good, because that is actually the one I was looking at.

You can buy an Aquaclear refill sponge and make your own. Just cut a block off the sponge that will fit over the intake, and cut a hole in the middle so you can slip it on.

I use the Penguin powerhead reverse-flow replacement sponges for prefilters. They're black, and the sponge is coarse enough not to clog with debris too quickly between water changes.

Back
Top Bottom