pregnant comet??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
What does a pregnant comet look like . My comet has a odd mark on the his side. I tried to take a picture but my cam is not take a good shot . But the best way I can tell about it is think about someone pushing their tongue on one side of your cheek . And he is messing some scales there.

It doesn't sound like pregnancy or egg bound to me. Can you post your parameters? Is the spot red or whitish at all?

I don't want to sound dumb but I don't know what you mean by parameters. I am guessing you mean how big is my tank .. if not tell me . MY tank is 60 gals. And the spot is a bit red .

Sorry, do you have a water test kit? Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings. Also water change schedule and when last water change and amount was.

wow.. 100% waterchage.. havnt heard that in a while lol. 50% as zagz said should be max you need to do. What you had was a bacteria bloom.. every time you do 100% of the water.. you kinda stall and restart your cycle. thats why the water gets cloudy.

bacteria bloom ???

So how do I fight this from happening later on. And I should have done a 100% even when I could not see my fish lol . I have a little rosie red and I almost did not find him lol.

The color of the water does not matter to the fish. Take some of the water and put it in a white cup or container. If it is greenish, it is algae, if it is whitish, it is a bacterial bloom.

How long has the tank been set up and how many fish are in it?

Back
Top Bottom