Pregnant swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thompson72

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does this girl look pregnant to yall or am I missing something else? It's been well over 28 days but I know different things can prolong birth but still has me questioning.
I got her from a pet shop and she's my only swordtail so assuming she was carrying sperm from pet shop. I have had her for about a month and a half I suppose. I attached pics for opinions.
Thank you in advance!
Amber

Attachments

• Snapchat-44977724.jpg
    Snapchat-44977724.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Snapchat-1123256677.jpg
    Snapchat-1123256677.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 23
Have you checked your water quality recently (ammonia, PH, nitrite, nitrate)?
I have a similar issue myself, and there's a possibility that a water change or two may be required.

I checked it a few days ago and everything seemed fine...I'm due for a water change but levels are still seemingly good! Idk...I keep wondering if she can be bloated or constipated and look like this ? ?

In all honesty, I'm not sure..
Perhaps it's just her insides? After all, that is a very light-colored fish- Though I'm not really an expert in this field. :turn-l: my apologies-

In all honesty, I'm not sure..
Perhaps it's just her insides? After all, that is a very light-colored fish- Though I'm not really an expert in this field. :turn-l: my apologies-

No apologies necessary, I appreciate your interaction! I'm a new fish mom so I'm very low on knowledge. I've been reading alot but I'm still unsure. She's just gotten so fat since I got her. Lol

Back
Top Bottom