Pressurized CO2 idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 4 tanks now. A 5 gallon, 10 gallon, 20 gallon long, and a 29 gallon tall. I have been using diy CO2 but I am getting tired of mixing the bottles every two weeks. I was wondering is this would work. I am thinking of buying a Pressurized system and using a metal gang valve to split the CO2 into all 4 tanks. Would that work? I have done this with diy CO2 on two tanks and it worked. Would that be too much dividing of the gas? Or should I buy two systems and split it between two tanks each?

That would work. My only concern would be that the gang valve is adjustable (so you can control the amount of co2 going into each tank better). Also, on 4 tanks, a smaller sized (such as a 5lb tank) co2 tank won't last very long, so you might want to consider getting a larger tank (10 or 20lb).

The metal gang valve has flow control for up to 4 air lines so I could adjust the amount of CO2 going into each tank. I have a lead on one of those large CO2 tanks used for welding. I have a lot of family that work in the mining and mechanic fields. They now people who weld a lot. The only thing holding me up is the solenoid. Those things are expensive. I also have to figure out if I have room to put that big of a tank.

This is more feasible if the tanks are close together. Otherwise you are going to lose a lot of CO2 from airline tubing unless you rig up a PVC system to deliver the CO2 to the different tanks.

If youre up for it, GreenLeafAquariums.com sells regulators with built in manifolds (up to 6 I believe) each with their own bubble counters and check valves. Super expensive though.

Ive been considering them for something I want to set up. Unfortunately, Im having a difficult time finding a metal gang valve that is small enough for the CO2 tubing to fit onto and Im not confident that the plastic ones will hold up over time... so I may end up shelling out for a "Cadillac".

All of my tanks are side by side. Why would the type of piping make a difference? I wasn't aware that CO2 line leaked. I can do pvc. Here is a link to the metal gang valve I was thinking of ordering. IT is made for air line tubing.E4YK Stainless Steel 6-head Air Split-flow Valve for Aquarium Fish Tank - Silver - Free Shipping - DealExtreme or this one E5YK Stainless Steel Aquarium Five Head Water Tank Regulating Valve - Black + Silver - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I have become addicted to this site because of the prices and finding items for tanks I couldn't find any where else. The shipping can be slow though. Items have been decent quality.

I checked out the Green Leaf stuff but the price gets me. I am on a tight budget. I can get the large CO2 tank for $30. It is one of those large stand up ones. I am just not sure I can lift it and how much trouble it would be to take and get filled. Should last a long time though. I am wondering if I can lay it down under the tank shelf?

Thanks for the links. :D I dont need the 5-way split, but this seems like a much cheaper alternative than the direction I was going.

Back
Top Bottom