Protein skimmer not burping much out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, guys... it's been a while. :)

I have an AquaC EV180 with a Mag 5 on my tank. It seems to be working, except it doesn't burp anything out. At first I was noticing a serious lack of the rushing air sound I'm used to. It turned out that the air intake valve was gummed up. I've resolved that issue, and the bubbles are flowing like mad. However, I get nothing in the collection cup, it seems. What should I do? There's not a lot to adjust (the valve where water exits the skimmer and the air intake valve).

Thanks in advance. :)

Does it have enough water in it? Try closing the valve a little and see if it makes a difference. How old is it? What is your SG? FYI I have a EV1000

The SG is about 1.0205-1.021. It seems to have plenty of water in it. It's about a year old at this point.

Did you clean the skimmer lately? Especially the neck leading to the collection cup.

This is probably a stupid question but have you checked your water to see if the skimmer is doing its job? Maybe your fish are constipated :D

I just read through my owners manual some and also did some online reading. On paper it looks like it a flow problem since your air intake was recently cleaned maybe there is not enough water flow etc. Of course everything looks good on paper until you try it.

seems like when I really clean my cup, or if its been dry, teh bubbles don't travel up it properly...they break too soon. after a few days of 'break in' it works like it should.

just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom