protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEWTOSALT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can i wait a while until i add fish to get the skimmer lfs told me i could wait iwas suprised they didnt tell me i needed it immediately

You dont even HAVE to use a skimmer, but if you don't, I'd recommend more frequent water changes. I personally wouldn't worry about it if you dont even have fish yet.
HTH

I agree that the skimmer is not required but it sure is nice. Smaller tanks are easier to handle than bigger ones as far as water changes. What size setup do you have?

Working with the assumption that this is for your 90g tank, and that you don't have a sump set up, I'd go with an Aqua C Remora Pro with a Mag 3 pump. Stay away from the Rio pumps...they don't last. Also, I wouldn't recommend a Prizm of any type. They have a very bad habit of putting water in the floor. Seaclone makes a 150, but it's not a very efficient skimmer. You'll be fine without a skimmer for a while even after you add fish as long as you are willing to do water changes.

Back
Top Bottom