Protein Skimmers & UV Sterilizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan G.

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone heard anything about the seaclone protein skimmer my Marinland? or the coralife turbo twist uv sterilizers? I am about to buy them but i dont know if their quality.

i got the 36watts turbo twist and it works really great for me and customer service from coralife is great and really friendly, i purchase a uv with a bad bulb but once i exchange it, it has been working out for me

I use the seaclone 100 on my 28 gal. It works but is takes a lot of adjusting. You are likely to get a lot of negative response about it here but it works well for me.

would these be fine on my 75 gl? I have a wet/dry filter also. I have another question too... where is the best place that you guys have found to place both the sterilizer and the skimmer?

the coralife UV is a great produt. The seaclone leaves alittle to be desired and would not be powerful enough for a 75. For a 75 i would recomend the AquaC remora Pro. The UV would be fine on a 75.

don't get the seaclone!
I did some modifications on mine, that seem to work, but I'm still not happy with it.
Mine is skimming like a litle worker bee but releases lots of bubbles into the sump. There are better skimmers out there

Does that UV have the plastic tubes that the water flows through? If it does a LFS was selling them and had several returned because the pumps stopped working and the Light melted the plastic tubes that the water flows through causing them to short out.
Make sure you have a good pump on those units.

I got an AquaC Remora skimmer, and a Coralife Turbo Twister 3x 9W for my 75 gal. Skimmer bought on ebay $153, UV bought from drsfosterandsmith.com for $79

The coralife UV'S do not have a built in pump. The require there own pump and defects are rare with the coralife UV.

I'd recommend an Aqua C Remora Pro with a Mag 3 pump for a skimmer if you don't have a sump. If you have a sump, I'd go with either the Aqua C Urchin Pro or one of the smaller ASM units. My preference for UV units are the Aqua Ultraviolet sterilizers.

Back
Top Bottom